The state-of-the-art Room and Hot Desk booking system, designed for NHS organisations.
- Book rooms and hot desks in seconds
- Built-in control of social distancing
- Informs NHS organisations’ return to work estates planning post-lockdown
- Quick, reliable, no limits
- Works great on desktop, iPad, smartphone
- Designed by the NHS for the NHS
UBook is a state-of-the-art resource booking system, developed by NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit. As an NHS organisation itself, MLCSU understands the value of efficient, easy to use administrative systems which can be deployed at sensible cost.
It allows staff at your organisation to book meeting rooms, treatment rooms, hot desks, parking spaces, bike racks, projectors, pool vehicles and any other physical ‘resource’ which you wish to let staff book.
Now upgraded (summer 2020) to allow control of social distancing and to produce reports which can inform your organisation’s planning for return to on-premises working.
Your Estates leads or premises manager can lock out every second hot desk, for example, such that two-metre distancing is maintained. They can rotate the restrictions daily, weekly or at any other interval to facilitate cleaning rotas and distribute wear and tear.
Planning for return to work
UBook includes a new set of powerful reports designed for Covid-19 assessment. The reports detail usage of rooms and desks, by date range, office, capacity, facilities, high/low/average users and so on. When your organisation is planning its new post-Covid estate provision, that information will:
- evidence your proposals for maintaining or rationalising your premises
- support your plans for extending home-based working.
Avoiding wasteful administration, unshared Outlook calendars and spreadsheets, UBook is hugely popular with its thousands of users and is available to your organisation now.
- Access from any browser, desktop, tablet or smartphone.
- Open up bookings to other organisations if you wish to rent your rooms out.
- Your own administrators can set up any room or other resource and make it bookable.
- Lock out sequences of hot desks to maintain social distancing.
- Restrict particular rooms to only certain staff groups.
- Have bookings instantly processed, or set certain resources, e.g. clinical rooms, to require approval by a central person/team.
- Countdown reminder e-mails to the booker, e.g. ‘your desk booking starts in 30 minutes’.
- Optionally require users to check in on arrival by scanning a QR code with their smartphone. If they don’t within 15 mins of booking start, the room is automatically freed up for booking again.
- Confirmation e-mail to booker includes ‘Add to your Outlook calendar’.
- Confirmation e-mail to booker includes link to Cancel.
- Can tie into your Active Directory, so users are automatically logged in.
All staff, whether central admin team, PAs or any staff making a booking, will save significant time by completing the transaction with a few mouse clicks. Changes or cancellations are just as easy, with no need to contact anyone else.
- Manage no-shows
- Significant admin time saving
- No more double-bookings
- Can connect to your Active Directory for single sign-on
- Hosted in state-of-the-art Microsoft Azure Cloud Data Centres
- SLA-backed 99.5% uptime
- 24/7 availability
- Your bookings backed up nightly
- Advanced anti-malware
- 256-bit SSL/TLS encrypted
- Full technical support included.
- Our own UK-located Service Desks.
- All calls ticketed and trackable.
- Response times governed by our Service Level Agreement.
- Data Processor Agreement (you are the Data Controller and we will be your Data Processor).
- GDPR compliant out of the box.
Recognising fellow NHS organisations’ cost pressures, we have designed a tiered pricing structure for UBook. Pricing is by band and bands relate to the number of rooms you plan to make available on the system. Up to 10 rooms is the lowest cost band, followed by 11-50, 51-250, and so on. That way you only pay for the extent to which you’ll use the system and you can understand and plan your outlay. As a fellow NHS organisation, we gladly accept Purchase Orders and SBS or local payments.
To arrange an on-line demonstration of UBook, or for a quote, please contact:
Applications Development Business Manager, Midlands and Lancashire CSU
Tel: 01244 38 50 50